Why not explore the magnificent city of Buenos Aires by bike, you can choose from any of our 3 options; all are easy rides with lots of interesting information about the city.
Northern Buenos Aires
Concentrating on the northern area of the city, we visit its exquisite French-style buildings and learn of the native people who made the country what it is today. We also visit the beautiful parks of the north. Gently cycling around the city you can get to know and understand it; it is a city known as the “South American Paris”.
Areas that will be visited:
Southern Buenos Aires
- Old Port of the City
- Residences of “Palermo Viejo” neighbourhood
- San Martín Institute
- Saint Catalina of Sienna convent
- San Martin Square
- Monumental Tower
- Thays Park
- University of laws
- Floralis Generic
- Pilar Church
- Recoleta cultural center
- 3rd of February Park
- Japanese Garden
- Rosedal (optional descent)
- José Hernández Museum
- National Museum of Decorative Art
- National Library
- Monument to Eva Perón
- Plaza de Mayo
- City Hall
- Av. De Mayo
- House of government
- Metropolitan cathedral.
The Southern bike tour explains the history of the city and visits some of the traditional neighbourhoods with their authentic streets and houses. After this tour you will have a real flavour of the city.
Neighborhoods that will be visited:
Buenos Aires from the River: Biking and Kayaking
- SAN TELMO NEIGHBORHOOD: Del Viejo Hotel Gallery - San Pedro González Telmo Church - Dorrego Square - Lezama Park - Russian Orthodoxian Church.
- LA BOCA NEIGHBORHOOD: Casa Amarilla - Boca Juniors Stadium - Caminito Road - Riachuelo.
- PUERTO MADERO NEIGHBORHOOD: Floating Casino - Costanera Sur - Nereidas Fountain - Monument to Spain - Ecological reserve (optional income) - Fragata Sarmiento.
- SAN NICOLAS NEIGHBORHOOD: Post office building - Juan de Garay monument - Metropolitan Cathedral.
- MONTSERRAT NEIGHBORHOOD: Plaza de Mayo - Town hall - Av. de Mayo - House of government.
This tour allows us to view the city from a very different angle as it focuses on the river. After visiting Puerto Madero and La Reserva Ecolgogica, we take a trip from the ‘Yacht Club’ on kayaks along the dykes to an area known as Darsena Norte, viewing the city from the water. For 30 minutes we are given information about the city as we navigate our way down the river. Then, after the kayaks, its back on our bikes to head for San Telmo, passing through the most exclusive neighbourhood of Buenos Aires.
- NORTH BUENOS AIRES: 3,5 hours
- SOUTH BUENOS AIRES: 3,0 hours
- BUENOS AIRES DESDE EL RÍO: 3,5 hours
SEASON & STARTING DAYS OF TOUR
Throughout the whole year, except for “Buenos Aires from the river”, which can only be done until April.
Starting days & times:
- Monday though Friday leaving at 9.30 and 14:00;
- Saturday and Sunday leaving at 14:00
- BUENOS AIRES DESDE EL RÍO: Monday though Friday leaving at 14:00 and any other day whenever there are enough people participating (please consult).
- For biking/kayak combination: kayak and security elements, personal accident insurance.
- Specialized bilingual tour guide
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
- All other services not detailed in the program.